Sameel's Sugar Shack
An infamous sugar shop well known for sweets and a unique tasting experience has recently come back on the market. Plain looking store in a rough area of any city. It is always busy as its customer base is very loyal and protective of their favored sweet shop.
Exquisite furnaces and cold-boxes, all custom made for this shop, as well as a sitting area for up to twelve patrons at a time. There are larger room upstairs but they are not available for rental anymore. The current workers are unsure but some older patrons say that these rooms were rented out in other worlds, and when they would enter the rooms they would then be able to come to this location. It is not known if these still work, if these legends are true, or if one could visit other worlds through it any longer. **
Scattered through-out every foot in the interior of the building are stones and quasi-precious gemstones from many differing worlds. They are arranged so they appear to be candies in various decorative patterns such as a child riding a tricycle, teddy-bear, carousel, etc along the wall in configuration with the stones. The rumored sugar faeries are real and entertain the little ones and protect the shop. Anyone that even appears to threaten the shop finds themselves outside, hung over and usually tied up within three rounds - the sugar faeries protect this shop as their own.
Anytime food or drink is imbibed in this room (even if not prepared at the shop), there is a 2% chance that they are filled with an overpowering and magical taste. There is a 20% chance if the food is prepared and eaten at the shop. It was said that the original owner Sameel could make the number rise to 50%, and pre-determine the taste. The current owner, named Sameel as well is the third or fourth generation of his family that runs the sugar shack.
Most patrons come for the lovely candies and experiencing the sugar faeries that are rumored to lair in the building. The price is 2 nobles (silver pieces), and both the child and adult get their pick. Children get any ten pieces and adults get two non-special flavored pieces.
For those willingly to pay more 150 crowns (gold pieces), they can pick out some special flavors and roll 2d10. They can have only two picks. If they pay 500 crowns, they can chose one piece from selection 3-12 and get a bucket flavoured candy piece.
Customers can only come to the Sugar Shack once every 50 days or once a month, if they try to come back they are unable to purchase the sweetest types. Only those who purchase the sweet magic can use them.
Roll 2d10 - Sweetest Flavor Types
2 - 3. Desert's Dry Sand: taste of sand fills ones mouth; +7 on exhaustion or dehydration checks for the next 48 hours
3. Sour: filled with vinegar, your teeth feel like they are about to fall out; +5 on poison saving throws
4. Salty: you begin to feel the power of the salty ocean, you can breathe underwater for 2-12 rounds
5. Metalic: your mouth feels and tastes like its filling with cold metallic coins; 50% chance to avoid critical hits for the next 24 hours
6. Bitter: sharp bitter stinging; +4 on saving throws on charm spells and effects, always get a second save the following round if you fail the first but no bonus
7. Cheesy: strong bad ale; you feel `happy drunk` for an hour, but smell really bad for the next twenty-four hours; +6 on charm saving throws for 24 hours
8. Disgusting: taste of ooze fills the nose; +5 on perception checks to notice items in dungeons or other dark places for the next six hours
9. Deathly: taste of sand from a crypt; +3 on all necromancy saving throws for the next 24 hours
10.super tangy drops: sharp sour taste, 2 invisible sugar faeries come and tease you, taking things away in jest - they stay with you for 12 hours. They will make you invisible if any threats appear.
11. Sticky Cloudiness: cotton candy - 85% you start to float a foot or more, 15% you are completely weightless, strong winds will carry you away
12. Heavenly: divine taste of euphoria; +5 on the first saving throw made in the twenty-four hours, +2 to any others in the same period
13 - 19: Bucket taste, almost metallic but it is a long lasting flavor; adds 1d3 temporary hit points for the next 24 hours
20 Roll 2d6 - they get two pieces lumped together for the price of one, the duration of that type is doubled.
** The legend is true, visitors from other worlds used to come when Sameel's father ran the shop. They would come not for the sweets but the cages that could hold any beast which is the lower defunct areas. These cages would remove the magic from any large-sized creature or smaller if they were imprisoned for 1000 days. The cages no longer work, and nobody is quite sure of what happened.